Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Moose Lake, MN United States
|| Law Enforcement, and Security
43328 - Intelligence Analyst |
The Office of Special Investigations (OSI) handles sensitive matters concerning the overall security and safety of Direct Care & Treatment facilities, including personnel matters and the overall operations of the facilities in order to enhance the overall person – centered treatment environment.
In this role, the Intelligence Analyst demonstrate excellent analytical and thinking skills to gather and analyze intelligence data to determine links and patterns between individuals, groups, events, locations, and items posing a threat to the safety, security, or orderly management of DCT facilities. Using the information gathered, the Intelligence Analyst shares the information with program and agency administrators in order to support the safety and security of clients, staff and the public.
Note: While this position is located in Moose Lake, Minnesota, the position does require frequent travel to other Department of Human Services sites primarily throughout the northern region of Minnesota. Alternate work sites will be considered. If the alternate work site is approved, the employee will be required to complete a telework agreement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Utilizing a variety of intelligence gathering resources and technology to identify, analyze, document, and share intelligence information
• Developing and maintaining databases such as Phoenix, iBase, Analyst Notebook, TransUnion TLO, Access and others to correctly store and analyze intelligence information
• Responding to emergence situations which includes collecting intelligence, sharing information to appropriate stakeholders and providing surveillance support
• Monitoring client calls and mail in accordance with protocols for investigative purposes supporting facility safety and security
• Reviewing complaints and referrals to determine if further investigation is needed; subsequently conducting interviews, collecting evidence and completing investigatory reports
• Collaborating with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies as directed so investigative information is shared appropriately
Qualifications & Requirements
Two (2) years of professional experience collecting and analyzing data related to potential safety and security of client and/or program related risks that demonstrates the following;
• Conducting fact finding research to compile and analyze data to develop written communication such as formal reports, memorandums and exhibits
• Analyzing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources to generate reports which track and present data which may be used in investigations and / or decision - making
• Organizing, creating and maintaining data across multiple analytical software platforms including databases and intelligence gathering software such as Access, iBase, Analyst Notebook, and TransUnion TLO
• Communicating with a broad array of agencies, administrations and stakeholders including facility clientele and internal/external personnel
• Analyzing and presenting information to large groups to aid and enhance decision making
Note: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data analytics, computer science, sociology, psychology, criminology or related field may substitute for 1 year of professional experience.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data analytics, computer science, sociology, psychology, criminology or related field
• Certified Intelligence Analyst or related certification
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.